Monday, April 19, 2010

WEEKEND REGRETS

I'm 58 years old, Italian, and blessed with people around me who love to cook, eat and drink.  I love all the wrong carbs; bread, pasta, potatoes...  We love to gather in the backyard start with margaritas, guacamole, chips, salsa, throw on a steak or ribs, open up some fabulous wines, put the Eagles on, and eat, drink and be merry. 

Today I suffer because we had such a day yesterday.  We have been trying to diet, we start out eating our healthy cereal in the morning, take our vitamins, etc.  By lunch we go to Burger King cause we are out and I love their hamburgers and, of course, french fries.  By supper we are firing up the grill.  To be fair I did fix some baby yellow squash and a salad but I ate way too much stuff while drinking wine prior to eating dinner.  That's when the trouble happens.  I don't know what happened to me but I am the lightest weight drinker ever.  My mother, son, husband, daughter-in-law and friends can all drink me under the table.  I drink two glasses of wine and I am impaired.  Three to four glasses and DO NOT LET ME USE SHARP UTENSILS!

So last night I drank too much.  Today I can't eat anything but crackers, I don't sleep well so I am way tired, and my stomach is singing a chorus of "Wipeout".  I am leaving on a trip tomorrow and trying to do laundry, pack, clean the house,  run errands, etc.  I am not doing any of those things well.  No telling what I have packed.  My husband is perky and hungry, I want to push him down.  He is working, eating, and exercising.  Blah.

Once again I say:  "I'M NEVER GOING TO DRINK AGAIN"! ...(at least until next weekend).

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend. Try drinking a full glass of water between glasses of wine, that will help. To be fair, who's to say how much you drink on any given bender since you start stealing others drinks after your third glass of wine. You might be drinking more than you realize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a similar evening on Saturday night...who says it's not romantic to be asleep by 8 after two martinis on your anniversary?

    We've all been there (bad eating binges included). The good news is you have three chances each day to turn it around! ;o) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is funny stuff....
    After just two drinks now, I'm willing to sing.
    It's sad that I'm reading this on a Saturday morning at 8:30, and thinking about driving through Burger King.

    ReplyDelete